One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- The 95 Theses Against the Prosperity Gospel
- What is Christ-centered Preaching?
- Responding to the Arguments for Divorce and Remarriage
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- The Five Points of Taylorism
- A Different Spirit: African Churches That Don't Like the Gospel
- Three Chains of African Traditional Religion
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
Tag Archives: Scruton
Three contemporary authors have helped me get a grip on right feeling and its applications in the church. 1. One of the 6 authors of A Conservative Christian Declaration is David de Bruyn who also wrote a 130-page book called … Continue reading
When I read Roger Scruton’s thoughts on America, I am filled with gratitude for the citizenship that I was blessed at birth with. Take away America, its freedom, its optimism, its institutions, its Judeo-Christian beliefs, and its educational tradition, and … Continue reading
Roger Scruton, Culture Counts (2007) 1-2 and 106: By “culture” I mean what has been called “high culture”–the accumulation of art, literature, and humane reflection that has stood the “test of time” and established a continuing tradition of reference and allusion … Continue reading