One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- The 95 Theses Against the Prosperity Gospel
- What is Christ-centered Preaching?
- Responding to the Arguments for Divorce and Remarriage
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- The Five Points of Taylorism
- A Different Spirit: African Churches That Don't Like the Gospel
- Three Chains of African Traditional Religion
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
Tag Archives: Rules for communication
As one surveys the political field of nearly any country, it doesn’t take long before you find those in power making inexplicable decisions. I recall hearing George W. Bush mocked as the “stupidest president” America has ever had, and an … Continue reading
Mortimer Adler’s advice for good conversation. Stick to the issue. Stay within the framework of the subject under consideration, either as a whole or with respect to one or another of its parts. Don’t wander off and talk about something … Continue reading
Some more high-powered advice from Watts. These come from scattered chapters in The Improvement of the Mind summarized and edited into this list. Talk with people wiser than yourself. Ask people about their specific area of expertise. Listen carefully before … Continue reading