One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
- The Consequences of Fornication
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Selling Salvation and the Blood of Jesus
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- Whunga Baptist Church: A New Church in a Poor Area
- A Christian Response to the Fees Must Fall Movement
- Little Gods: The Deification Heresy
- The Gods Never Sleep~ ATR 2
Tag Archives: Pastoral ministry
The Christian church marks its members by baptism. Luke records the historical accounts in Acts while the gospels contain commands to baptize. The epistles reference baptism occasionally—twice in Romans, 10 times in 1 Corinthians, and once in Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, … Continue reading
Reading widely provides a sure-footed stance when a preacher gives facts in teaching and preaching; it produces interesting illustrations; it guides him away from time-wasting topics when evangelizing the particular group to which God has called him; it produces applications … Continue reading