One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- The 95 Theses Against the Prosperity Gospel
- What is Christ-centered Preaching?
- Responding to the Arguments for Divorce and Remarriage
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- The Five Points of Taylorism
- A Different Spirit: African Churches That Don't Like the Gospel
- Three Chains of African Traditional Religion
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
Tag Archives: False teachers
Tonight, I went to a miracle crusade at a church that advertises itself as “Christ-centred.” Alpheus, the pastor at Elim, as well as another member, Steven, came with me. There are a few short videos posted on Facebook. Here are … Continue reading
Some false teachings are so bizarre that one wonders how anyone can believe them. Yet people do believe the charismatic doctrine of deification. Deification is the belief that the incommunicable (non-moral) attributes of God can be given to men. Examples: … Continue reading
As I returned from preaching in the village, a man struck up a conversation with me as he was selling watermelons from his bakkie on the side of the road. Here is the conversation as I recorded just moments after … Continue reading
First of all, I would like to publicly take my stand obeying texts like Romans 16:17 to mark and avoid those who change the gospel. That is an entire category of texts, not just an isolated example. Paul says similar … Continue reading