One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- The 95 Theses Against the Prosperity Gospel
- What is Christ-centered Preaching?
- Responding to the Arguments for Divorce and Remarriage
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- The Five Points of Taylorism
- A Different Spirit: African Churches That Don't Like the Gospel
- Three Chains of African Traditional Religion
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
Tag Archives: Charismaticism
To be nailed to the doors of any church with a name like “Glory Barn” or “Fire Tabernacle” or “Holy Ghost International Centre.” Prosperity Gospel The prosperity gospel urges men to love money, comfort, or things of this earth whereas … Continue reading
Evangelism and missions Have you ever known a charismatic who moved to a poorer culture with a different language for the sake of planting churches? How could you answer an experienced missionary’s contention that the practices of tongues and miracles … Continue reading
For an entire year a young man I’ll call Brian came to hear the Bible preaching in the “Blue Prison” section of Kuthama Correctional Facility, a maximum security prison where he is serving a life sentence for murder. Every Tuesday, … Continue reading
As I returned from preaching in the village, a man struck up a conversation with me as he was selling watermelons from his bakkie on the side of the road. Here is the conversation as I recorded just moments after … Continue reading
A few weeks back, I attended a pastors’ conference in South Africa where one of the speakers described Africa’s Christianity with the words “vital” and “explosion.” May I present just one of many examples of Africa’s vital explosion? T. B. … Continue reading