One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- The 95 Theses Against the Prosperity Gospel
- What is Christ-centered Preaching?
- Responding to the Arguments for Divorce and Remarriage
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- The Five Points of Taylorism
- A Different Spirit: African Churches That Don't Like the Gospel
- Three Chains of African Traditional Religion
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
Tag Archives: Africa
Bad fruits should be expected from a bad tree. If our hearts are naturally inclined to sin, what kind of religion do you think we will invent? “So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad … Continue reading
As a general category, southern Africa calls itself Christian. In Jason Mandryk’s 2010 edition of Operation World here are the numbers of people who claim to be Christian in southern African countries. Angola 94%Christian Botswana 66% Christian Namibia 91% Christian … Continue reading
Similarities between ATR and all other false religions. ATR has many gods like Hinduism or the spiritism of South America. (Some sources do claim that ATR reveres one god at the top of all the other gods. However, all the … Continue reading
Most people born in Africa before the 20th century received by default the glasses of African Traditional Religion with which they involuntarily came to know the world. For many today the world is still colored by those old lenses. In … Continue reading
“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” (A. W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy) We all wear mental “glasses” that control what we think about God. Most of us … Continue reading
Since every truth is connected we should expect that receiving the truth at one point leads toward other truths. Truth is a united, flowing river, but so too is error. All truth holds together in a great system, yet the … Continue reading