One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Should Everyone Speak at the Same Time When Praying?
- Six Reasons I Strive to be Christ-centered in my Preaching
- The 95 Theses Against the Prosperity Gospel
- What is Christ-centered Preaching?
- Responding to the Arguments for Divorce and Remarriage
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Preaching
- The Five Points of Taylorism
- A Different Spirit: African Churches That Don't Like the Gospel
- Three Chains of African Traditional Religion
- Similarities Between ATR and World Religions~ ATR 3
Category Archives: Rewarding mediocrity
Here is a picture I took recently at a Muslim shop. If you can’t see the text: “(Recite 80 times) In the name of Allah (S. W. T.), the Beneficient, the Merciful 80 Years of Sins Forgiven Rasulullah (S. A. … Continue reading
These signs are directly across the street from each other. At the church faith is optional, and the other demonstrates the real pride government employees take in their work. Though the strains of the virus are different, I diagnose both … Continue reading
The worst of American revivalism and the worst of African showmanship all for the shockingly low price of R50.Notice the art: Heavy make up for an African Tammy Baker, flashy dresses, Tsonga dancing, the dynamic “man of God,” and the … Continue reading
Only a post modern could make a movie as bad as Disney’s Frozen, and only a post modern could enjoy it. In 12 points I’ll try to prove the first assertion, and in the final point the latter. Quickly, a … Continue reading
I asked 6 young men in our church a few questions while we were digging last Saturday: 1. “Did you live with or have a consistent relationship with your father growing up?” All 6 said no. 2. “Did your father … Continue reading
While I acknowledge that Christians must love God with their minds, I am often disturbed by the intellectual statements and positions of men in the most influential places within the evangelical academy. On top of this, many ministers seem to … Continue reading